Sunday, April 13, 2014

A few Easter memories

   Today is Palm Sunday. Next week is Easter. This fact has me taking a walk down memory lane.
   I have a twin sister. It probably goes without saying that we used to be dressed alike when we were kids; and that included Easter dresses.
   I remember it used to be fun to shop for Easter dresses and Easter shoes. I also have a faint memory of the white knitted shawls we would wear to church.
   Easter baskets full of goodies were also part of our tradition. Back then our baskets were filled with all kinds of chocolate, nestled in that fake grass stuff and wrapped in cellophane.
   One look at Pinterest and you can find a wide variety of Easter baskets, both in style and content.
   One more thought, is it just me, or do the Reese’s peanut butter eggs taste better than traditional Reese’s cups? Now I know they are the same thing, but the eggs this time of year just seem to taste better to me.


No comments: