Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A return to crafting with a wreath and a handmade bracelet

   This is no April Fool’s joke! I did some crafting today.
   After grocery shopping and a trip to the vet to take care of an asthmatic cat, I entered the Creative Cave.
   It was really good to be back out there after the cold of winter and delayed spring. I did enough cleaning and organizing so I would have some space to work. I have a lot more organizing to do out there, but I was anxious to get crafting.
   My first crafting task was to freshen up a wreath for my front door. Some of the flowers on it had faded and some had blown away the last time I had it out on the door. It’s important to use wire when attaching things to a wreath. I learned that from experience.
   Next I made a bracelet. I was thinking last night about how I could use a set of connectors I bought a while back. And it was last night that I remembered I had copper-colored jump rings that would match. This bracelet is made from connectors, jump rings and a small lobster clasp. I really like how it turned out.


No comments: