Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Food and fun for Mardi Gras!

   Purple, gold and green. King cake, spirits and parades. Today’s blog post features New Orleans fun for Mardi Gras season.
   New Orleans is one of my favorite cities. I’ve been there many times, although not for Mardi Gras. I have attended Mardi Gras parties, but I don’t think that qualifies me as an expert.
   When it comes to the Big Easy I can tell you about the Acme Oyster House, the Hotel Monteleone and Jackson Square, to name a few. I can talk about the awesome shopping along Royal Street. Oh, and those Lucky Dog hotdogs!
   There is an atmosphere about New Orleans that is hard to describe…the food, the music and the people all combine for a fun and welcoming city.
   For Mardi Gras itself, though, I did some searching on the Internet. If you are having a party or just have a general interest in all things NOLA, check out these sites:
   The Times-Picayune is the newspaper for the greater New Orleans area. The online site has special coverage for Mardi Gras, including live web cams.
   Here are some sites to learn the history of Mardi Gras – Wikipedia, the History Channel and Mardi Gras New Orleans.
   
For food and fun, take a look at these recipes:

For happy hour check out these cocktails:








No comments: