Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Five snow day craft ideas

   It’s just January and so far this winter has had everything from a polar vortex to southern snow.
   The snow started falling here at my South Carolina home yesterday afternoon. I sure did try to be productive, but I couldn’t stop watching the snow. Not only that but I did a lot of checking of social media sites and newscasts.
   I should’ve taken advantage of some of the ideas I am going to share with you today. I have compiled a collection of snow day crafts for you – that is if you don’t spend your snow day playing outside, or being lazy like me.

Recycled Paint Stick Snowman Ruler – This is a cute way to measure the snowfall. Head over to Pink and Green Mama for information.

Bird Seed Ornaments – You can find photos and information on this at A Soft Place to Land. I need to do this sometime, or at least fill the bird feeders I have outside.

Popsicle Stick Puzzles – I had never seen this fun craft before, courtesy of Kids Activities Blog.

Snow Cream – Here's something to do with some of the snow piling up outside. The recipe is at Coffee Break with Liz and Kate.

Greeting Card Bookmarks – This is a good idea to recycle old Christmas cards. You can find the instructional link at Knitting Aura.





No comments: