Friday, January 24, 2014

Let's see if I can make crochet jewelry

   I’ve been experimenting with something…a different way to make jewelry.
   I’ve seen some crochet jewelry on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.
   With crochet needle in hand I’ve worked with various kinds of cord. It took a few attempts, and a peek at a beginner’s tutorial online, to get the ball rolling on this. I remember my mother teaching me how to crochet when I was a kid. But all I could do was a single crochet stitch, so I always ended up with a long string. That’s still all I know how to do.
   I think I am getting the hang of it. I’m not sure yet what I actually want to make with this style. I hope some online tutorials can help.
   I stopped by a craft and fabric store yesterday to get a new crochet needle, but as any crafter knows, I couldn’t get out of there with just that.
   I am kind of regretting not picking up some fleece. It was on sale and the store had a very nice selection of colors and patterns. I am thinking I may go back; after all, with the cold weather that’s been hanging around I should make more fleece blankets, right?

   I did get more buttons, and a couple of zipper pulls. They were on sale and so pretty. I am starting to think I am more of a button collector than crafter. My collection of buttons is starting to rival my bead stash. I guess I should start crafting more with buttons.
   Oh, and I finally broke down and got a pair of magnifying glasses. Over the last week or so some of the small, delicate craft and beadwork has gotten difficult to see.



No comments: