Sunday, March 23, 2014

Decorate your drink with handmade wine glass charms

   For the first time in my many months of crafting, I decided to make wine glass charms.
   The idea had crossed my mind several times but didn’t become a reality until I picked up several packages of wire hoops yesterday at a yard sale.
   My wine glass charm skills need some fine-tuning. I quickly learned to be a little more careful when working with the hoops. On one occasion I broke the end of one of the hoops. Another time I used too much strength to close the wire hoop and warped the shape.
   So, without further explanation, here are my charms.


   Perhaps I put the cart before the horse, so to speak. It wasn’t until I had made my own wine charms that I decided to look on Pinterest for some ideas. I found a couple I want to try, especially the one with buttons. And since I like working with wire I need to try something similar to the wire hearts. I found the photo of the heart charms on Pinterest, originally pinned from Etsy. The wrap wine glass charms are different and unique and I might give those a try as well.




No comments: