Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring and summer mean yard sales...be prepared!

   The first day of spring has come and gone and I am ready for consistent pleasant weather so I can get up early and hit some yard sales.
   I think I’ve mentioned before how I like going to yard sales. It’s almost like a game for me to scout out the sales and grab some bargains…all with Jules along as a co-pilot, navigator and fellow bargain hunter. And I’m sure she and I will have our own yard sale before long.
   I decided to round up some yard sale tips and tricks. This kind of information can come in handy for sellers and shoppers.
   To find yard sales, or to list a sale, you can check the classified advertising section of your local newspaper, as well as online sites like Craigslist, Yard Sale Search and YardSales.net.

Plan a Successful Yard Sale
   If you plan to have a yard sale you will want to have a handy checklist to make sure you don’t forget anything. There are lots of these available on the Internet. I did a quick online search and found these:

Successful Yard Sale Shopping
   If you are heading out to some yard sales, it’s good to have a map or navigation system. Jules is a good navigator…or rather, she has a good navigation app on her phone. We take a list of addresses in the car with us and go from there.


No comments: