Friday, October 25, 2013

Wire earrings with a twist

   I began this blogging adventure to share my challenges and successes in crafting. I feel like today’s post contains a little of both. 
   Sometimes I get the urge to try something different in my jewelry making. I never know how it will turn out, which explains why I tend to not have photos of the process. This time my experimenting resulted in spiral wire earrings.
   I like how the first ones turned out. I made this design by wrapping wire several times around a ring mandrel. I then stretched and flattened the resulting spiral. 
   The second pair was truly an experiment. I wanted to do something with wire again but didn’t want to do the same thing. I think these kind of look like a twisted wire mess, but I may have something here and don’t plan to give up on my wire experiments.






No comments: