Sunday, November 10, 2013

Playing the yard sale game

   I am hooked on yard sales! Going out bright and early to find the best deals is like a game for me. A game I want to win. 
   Jules and I headed out yesterday to play that game. And I think we won that game. We ended up with a nice little haul from our morning out. Today I will share my findings with you.


   Of course I am always on the lookout for craft-related items for the Creative Cave. I found a jar of buttons, seashells and a string of beads. For my quest to make a Christmas ornament wreath I picked up more of the round bulb ornaments. I also got a nice little storage bin. A crafter can never have too many of those, right?


   In last week’s post, “Sunday Hodgepodge,” I mentioned needing to do something about a mess of cords on the counter. I have been researching ways to make something myself instead of buying something pricey at the store. Well, as luck would have it, I stumbled across a cord storage item at one of the yard sales. It is from Pottery Barn and even had a power strip stored in the back. I think it will work for my cord problem. I will share photos once I have it in place.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always sad when our "Epic Yard sale" adventures come to an end. Maybe this Saturday we can go again. Maybe just one more day. LOL!

Jules!

Unknown said...

If I keep buying stuff I will run out of room in the Creative Cave! hahaha

Unknown said...

The last yard sale I went to was at your mom's...the only thing we bought was one of your sister's wool quilts that Frankie fell in love with. <3

Unknown said...

Wow Janice, what a memory!
:)