Monday, November 25, 2013

A challenging craft day

   Have you ever sat down to do a project and have everything go wrong pretty much from the start? 
   Well, that happened to me. I purchased floral stems to use in a holiday centerpiece I wanted to make. I already had the basket-type thing I wanted to use. That was about all that went right.
   First, I didn’t try to work in the Creative Cave because it was too cold. I decided to work at my dining room table. I put a towel down to protect the table from scratches as well as from the glitter on some of the pieces.
   As I gathered my supplies I realized I didn’t have any foam-type stuff to put in the bottom. I thought I had saved everything I had used in the past, but so far I can’t find any of it. In my search I came across a foam square I use when I make paper beads. Maybe things were looking up.
   Um, no.
   Try as I might I couldn’t get any of my ideas for attaching the foam to the basket to work. I tried glue, then two-sided tape.
   I decided to move past attaching the foam and try to get some of the decorations into place. That is when I realized I didn’t have enough floral pieces for my liking. I tried filling in spaces with the ornaments I used in it last year. That didn’t work either.
   Combine all of this with my lovable triplet hurricanes wanting to help (the cats) and the sneezing fit I found myself in and there wasn’t any way I was going to be successful. I gathered it all up, took it back to the Creative Cave and then made myself comfortable on the couch with my iPad and some rounds of Candy Crush Saga.

Thankful Thought
   I may periodically complain about my kitties but today I want to express how thankful I am for them. They all are rescues. The three indoor cats are shelter rescues and the two outdoor cats I have are feral rescues. I actually can’t imagine how empty and boring my house would be without them.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like we need another "Craft store epic adventure!" <3

Jules!

Unknown said...

Maybe so...lol