Monday, November 18, 2013

Thanksgiving and Christmas rolled into one holiday?

   Lots of blog ideas and crafting ideas are going through my head as we get closer to the holidays. 
   As with the many stores out there, it seems as if my focus has jumped to Christmas and we haven’t even cooked and eaten the Thanksgiving meal yet.
   Speaking of Thanksgiving…do you get complacent throughout the year then for a few weeks in November start thinking of all the things for which you are thankful? I’m guilty of that. In fact, as we approach Thanksgiving I had been thinking of doing a “thankful” blog post each day leading up to next Thursday. However, I have shifted those thoughts a little and will put a short sentence or two at the end of each blog post outlining something for which I am thankful.
   Also related to Thanksgiving is the holiday shopping season. Any of y’all seen any of the Black Friday sales that have already come out? I don’t consider myself much of a shopper, and over the years I have gone shopping only half a dozen of times on the day after Thanksgiving. I went last year with my sister. I didn’t go because there were deals I wanted to snag. I wanted to spend time with her. And we did have fun. We started our shopping adventure late on Thanksgiving night. I haven’t decided yet if I will do that again this year.

   Thankful Thought
   Today I am thankful for my health. I am able to get up and move in the mornings. I am able to complain about sore muscles if I move too much. I am able to move so much throughout the day that I collapse into exhausted sleep each night.




No comments: