Monday, September 30, 2013

Making plans for the week - jewelry, crafts...pruning?


   It’s Monday! I’m ready to get moving on a week of jewelry making, crafting and chores. I guess…lol. 
   I didn’t make any jewelry yesterday, so I don’t have anything like that to write about. I did, however, do a little shopping that will help in my endeavors this week.
   In yesterday’s post “My first try at handmade rings,” I mentioned not having a ring mandrel to help shape and size rings. Well, I picked up one yesterday at one of those big-name craft stores. I also got some wire, which I can never have too much of.
   In addition to the jewelry-making supplies I also picked up a few pieces of fall foliage décor. I plan to use these pieces to freshen up an old fall wreath I have.
   As for chores, I have a jasmine and a butterfly bush that are taking over the deck at the back of my house. I really need to go all “Edward Scissorhands” on those things. I’ve been putting it off because I don’t think I should start cutting on them if they are still blooming. But I have to admit, I am getting tired of looking out back and seeing the mess. Oh, and let me add this, they both were pruned way back before they started blooming earlier this year. They just grow like crazy! I will be sure to take before and after photos when I take on that task.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the wreath!