Monday, September 9, 2013

Must-haves in the Creative Cave


   In addition to the standard beads and wire I use when I make jewelry, there are quite a few other things I always have on hand in the Creative Cave. 
   I wouldn’t exactly call these tricks of the trade, just items that I have found to be helpful while I work.
   I have found a variety of objects to use to help me bend and shape wire - yard stick, glue bottle and soup can.

   When I started making paper beads I learned through trial and error what works best for me. I need paper towels, a ruler, toothpicks or BBQ skewers, a styrofoam block and some paper to lay out on the table under my work.

   Depending on the time of day I will have a mug of coffee or a bottle of water with me, as well as my phone. My phone has come in very handy. I use it to listen to the radio as well as to take all the photos I use on this blog. I also text project ideas to Jules and stay in touch with her throughout the day.
   Now if I could just get a photo of the hummingbird that periodically visits me, buzzes by my head, and flies away.



No comments: