Saturday, August 17, 2013

A charming chain from the Creative Cave


   I love charm bracelets. I have one I love but hardly ever wear. It is gold and has many, many charms on it from cities I’ve visited.
   So sitting in the Creative Cave I decided to make a charm bracelet. I cut a length of chain and put a clasp on it.


   Now, what do I use for charms? I have tons of beads. My eyes settled on a string of pretty green ones that I picked up at a flea market several months ago.

   I used headpins to attach the beads to the chain. I would periodically put on the bracelet to see how everything was coming together and where more beads might be needed. I'm thinking I might need to add just a few more beads near each end, but otherwise I'm very happy with how it turned out.
   Oh, here's a quick shot I took of the charm bracelet I mentioned at the start of this post. I love it. It does, however, sometimes get hooked on clothing and can be quite noisy.


Thanks for taking this time with me! Have a great day!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! Can't believe you made this out of those beads!

Jules!

Colleen @ Mommie Daze said...

Very pretty! I love charm bracelets.

Unknown said...

Many thanks for your comments ladies. I do appreciate them!
Teresa

Laurie said...

What a pretty charm bracelet and how crafty of you to make your own. Visiting from SSF

Unknown said...

Thanks Laurie. I paid a visit to your blog as well!

Shelly said...

Very cute! I just wish I had the patience to make jewelry. Thanks for sharing on DIY Sunday Showcase!

Shelly @MinettesMaze

Unknown said...

Thank you Shelly. And thanks for the Showcase!
Teresa