Monday, August 5, 2013

Part Two - "Epic" yard sale adventure


   With a newspaper and other addresses written down, Jules and I forged on in our yard sale adventure after our first two stops didn't turn out so well.
   Finally, success! We stopped at a few sales and saw some interesting things. I even found some deals on jewelry items and beads. I was trying not to feel bad for Jules. After all of this running around and some aggravation she was yet to make a purchase.



   It felt like we had been on the road forever. Was it lunchtime yet? Um, no. It was still early enough for the restaurant where we stopped to still be serving breakfast. We had to get some fuel for the rest of our yard sale adventure.
   Along the way we stopped at a couple of thrift stores. I found a little bag of beads for 65 cents at one of these stores. Jules got some nice glass votive candleholders for 45 cents each. Woo Hoo!
   At our next-to-last stop Jules found a large, beautiful, heavy mirror she couldn’t pass up. I can’t blame her, for $10 it was a steal! And she is quite crafty and a clever do-it-yourselfer. I can’t wait to see what she does to the frame.
   I found a nice storage box at our last stop. It will definitely come in handy in the Creative Cave.



   We made it home around noon. With all of the jewelry items I got you would think I would be anxious to head to the Creative Cave. There are three reasons why I didn’t do any crafting after our morning of yard sales. First, I wanted to sit and write about the yard sale experiences before I forgot. Second, it was hot outside. The Creative Cave was likely to feel like a sauna. And third, I was kind of exhausted. But not Jules. I texted her and she was cleaning house and getting started on some crafty projects.
   Whew! Thanks for taking the time to read about our yard sale adventure! I would love to hear about your yard sale flops and successes. You can comment here or on my Facebook page.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's going to be sunny Saturday morning! Let's do it! LOL

Jules!