Thursday, August 8, 2013

My first attempt with the wire jig

   I finally pulled the wire jig out of its package to get familiar with it and see what I could create.
   I’ve tried various patterns with various gauge wire with various results. I am still very much a newbie at this so I am not giving up.
   In my first attempt I didn’t realize the many different peg sizes, so my first creation was a little lopsided. The pegs looked the same size but upon closer inspection they weren’t.
   I straightened out the wire and tried again.

   Even though the pattern I used didn’t say to do this, I wrapped some wire around the center of the creation to help secure it. I’m still not sure I like it.
   Next, just to see how it would work, I tried a thinner artistic wire and a different pattern. Bottom line here…thin wire is harder to work with. At least it was for me on this first try.

   Finally I tried some thicker wire on yet a different pattern. I still wasn’t satisfied with the results. I will not be deterred. Stay tuned for more jig experiments!


No comments: