Friday, August 2, 2013

From junk mail to jewelry pieces...maybe


   I feel like I am in grade school again. I'm playing with glue, paper and scissors, all in an attempt to make paper beads.
   In my blog post "Writer's block and some crafty inspiration" I mentioned I wanted to try to make paper beads. Well, here you go, my first attempt.


   These are not even close to perfect and I can't wait to get back into the Creative Cave to make more. My technique is kind of sloppy and I do tend to get glue all over my workspace and hands.
   At first I was cutting the triangular strips too large. The wider the base of the paper the longer the bead will be. Also, the longer the strip of paper the fatter the bead will be.
   This project is a great way to recycle old sales circulars, junk mail and paper scraps. Now I can't stop looking for things to roll into beads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will be cranking out beautiful beads in no time. No doubt!