Saturday, August 24, 2013

I cooked...a side dish!


   I have two confessions to make. One, I don’t cook. Hubby is the cook in my house. Two, I only recently tried Brussels sprouts for the first time.
   So, having said that, I want to share with you how I helped the hubby fix dinner a while back. My contribution was...drum roll please…roasted Brussels sprouts.
   Now, this dish would have never come to mind if I hadn’t had dinner at a friend’s house not too long before that. I’m not sure why I waited so long to eat these little flavorful veggies. I knew I had to have them again.




   I washed the sprouts, cut off the ends and removed some of the loose outer pieces. If the sprouts were large I cut them in half. I tossed them in a bowl with salt, pepper and olive oil then spread them out in a pan. I put the pan in a preheated oven at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. The finished product may look a little too done in the picture. I accidentally kept them in the oven too long, but they were good anyway.

   I want to take this moment to thank Jules for her creativity and cooperation with my blog this last week. I am not yet back in the Creative Cave but I do have some extra things to write about and share. Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog and for patience as I try to maintain a blog and travel at the same time.


No comments: