Tuesday, August 20, 2013

An AptToCraft Surprise: Guest Projects


   I’ve mentioned Jules several times in this blog. She is such a handy do-it-yourselfer. She agreed to let me share some of her projects on my blog.
   I do want to take a moment to mention why you will be seeing Jules’ projects and not my own over the next several days. First, she is talented. Second, I have been out of town with family during a medical issue. This has limited my time in the Creative Cave. I am very thankful for Jules’ friendship and craftiness. I also am most thankful that good news continues to come out of the medical issue in my family.
   Today I will tell you about the gorgeous job Jules did on her kitchen cabinets.
   I was very impressed with her skills and knowledge at removing the cabinet doors, sanding and staining them and the cabinets, and reattaching the doors. In my mind this seemed like a task for a professional and one I would just mess up. I wouldn’t have even known where to start.


   Jules said she watched a lot of YouTube videos and asked a lot of questions at the local Sherwin Williams before taking on the task.
   A cabinet redo is definitely something I am interested in. Perhaps I can hire Jules. She did a beautiful job. Oh, and she has pets that want to help in her projects, just like I do. That's Trixie in the cabinet.
   The former reporter in me had to ask her some questions. So I asked her what she learned through the process. The tips she wanted to share: First, have the right tools; second, mistakes can be fixed, and third, have patience.
   Be sure to visit tomorrow to see what Jules decided to do with a kitchen table and chairs.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL Every time you talk about Jules I do a doubletake - that's my nickname among certain friends. I'm so glad your brother's doing well, and will continue praying for him, you and Lisa.
Love you, T!

Anonymous said...

<3!

Jules!

Unknown said...

Jules is very handy, I think that she could probably teach a class.

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone for reading my blog and taking the time to leave comments.