Monday, December 16, 2013

I found crafting and holiday spirit in "Faith, Family and Ducks!"

   I’m a newshound. I’ve studied and worked in some form of writing and news since high school.
   Because of my interest in news I always keep my car radio on NPR (National Public Radio).
   Until now.
   I have a confession to make…I’m a Duck-a-holic! Now the radio in my car plays “Duck the Halls: A Robertston Family Christmas!”
   It all started back in the early spring. I was a little familiar with the bearded clan that was making the TV show Duck Dynasty popular but hadn’t watched any of the shows. Hubby and I had a late flight and after-midnight arrival in New Orleans back in March. Completely pooped we couldn’t wait to sleep. I was flipping through channels to find some kind of comfort show to quietly play in the background as I drifted off to sleep when I came across Duck Dynasty on A&E.
   That did it. I was hooked. In fact, I stayed awake until nearly 3 a.m. watching reruns of the show. And yes, I’m well aware of all there is to do in the Big Easy, but yearly visits there have taught me moderation…lol.
   Okay, fast-forward several months.
   My interest in the camouflage clan led me to purchase some camouflage colored beads and use them in some of my jewelry.
   I have a nephew who also suffers from Duckaholism. (Can we make that a word?) Don’t tell anyone, but I made him a no-sew Duck Dynasty fleece blanket for Christmas.
   Now for the Robertson family Christmas CD. I had been having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year. I was on my way to a holiday fair recently when I first opened up the “Duck the Halls” CD and popped it into the player in my car. Several songs into it I realized I was smiling. And I was feeling happy. Or maybe I should say happy, happy, happy!
   I’ve made the hubby listen to it whenever we are in the car. And Jules was forced to listen to it the last time we went out on a shopping trip.
   I guess we can find holiday spirit in many different ways. For me it was the genuine love, happiness and faith I found in the “Duck the Halls” CD.



No comments: