Monday, December 30, 2013

I need to work on my crafting and photo-taking skills

   I sure am trying to get back into the swing of things…mainly a crafting and blogging schedule.
   I worked on a couple of bracelets yesterday. I enjoyed my time in the Creative Cave, and thought my crafting was going well. It wasn’t until I reviewed the photos of what I made that I realized I didn’t do a very good job. I can’t decide if it is my crafting that needs work or the photo taking. Maybe both.
   The first bracelet is made of wrapping paper beads. I wasn’t very consistent in the cutting and sizing of the beads, so the bracelet isn’t very uniform. This bracelet has me thinking I need to work on my crafting skills. In fact, I had contemplated not even sharing this bracelet in this blog post.
   The second bracelet is my favorite to make – a wire-wrapped cuff. I used shades of pink beads and faux pearls on this one. This bracelet has me thinking I need to work on my photo-taking skills. I think this bracelet turned out prettier than how it looks in the photo.


   In the new year I plan to work on photographing my handmade jewelry. That's just one of the items on a list I am compiling. It's kind of like a New Year's Resolution list for my crafting and blogging. I will share that list it in the days ahead.





No comments: