Thursday, December 5, 2013

My first no-sew fleece blanket

   I might be a little behind the fad, but I finally made one of those no-sew fleece blankets. 
   My sister made one for me a few years ago and she showed me how she did it. I also checked online for some reminders.   
   I took advantage of an after-Thanksgiving sale at a fabric store and got some fleece. I wasn’t sure how much I would need. I had heard everything from 1.5 yards to 3 yards. What I ended up getting was 2.5 yards and it made a much bigger blanket than I expected.
   Be sure to check out the link I provided above. It explains pretty much step by step how to make these blankets.
   I ran across some issues making this first blanket, but I think I know why. The main reason is I did not have a big enough space to work and 2.5 yards of fleece needs a lot of space. Also, I have some very curious kitties.



   I worked at my dining room table. The space still wasn't big enough. I tried to keep each length of fleece lined up, but as you can see it didn't stay that way. I ended up trimming as I worked. That may have made a lopsided side on the blanket. I haven't looked close enough yet to notice.
   So, next time I make a blanket I will close up the kitties in a bedroom and I think I will use 1.5 to 2 yards of fleece. Hopefully I have learned from this first attempt and the next one will go together easier.


No comments: