Monday, July 29, 2013

Another necklace, more earrings and renewed inspiration


   In the blog post “Grab a bead and wrap it in wire” I shared photos of wire-wrapped pendants I made. Well, since I have a handful of those pendants I decided to make a necklace.
   My handmade wire-wrapped pendants were mostly an experiment to see if I could do it. I wasn’t sure back then what kind of necklace or stringing material they could go on. This time I was going to make it happen.


   I don't have a clasp on the necklace yet. I'm not sure how I want to finish it. Right now I am using micro-suede string. If I had more wire in the right color I would try to finish it that way. The pearl beads are strung onto a thin wire. The links are made from a thicker craft wire I have.
   I also experimented with some earrings. The silver ones are styled in a way that I refer to as a bunch of grapes. For the orange and purple ones I wanted to make some kind of dangle style. I used ear wires, jump rings, head pins and beads for the earrings.


   These new creations have given me a needed boost in motivation and inspiration. I have placed an order for some supplies and have been checking out some beautiful creations and tutorials online.
   Thanks for taking this time with me! Have a great week!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the silver! You've been holding out on me because I haven't been sent a picture! LOL

Jules!

Unknown said...

Jules, I just made them yesterday. Don't worry, I'll be sending you some today..lol!