Saturday, July 27, 2013

Back to the beginning...with earrings


   I decided to make more earrings. After all, that’s what started me down this road of jewelry creation.
   Earlier this year I was cleaning out a closet and came across my stash of jewelry-making supplies and decided to give it another try. I started making earrings first and have since branched out to other pieces. One look around my workspace in the Creative Cave and it was easy to see I had gotten carried away with making bracelets. I needed to balance out my inventory.
   Here are my latest ear decorations.


   Since I enjoy making the wire bracelets I went ahead and made another one. I believe this one has turned into my favorite piece. I also put together a pair of earrings to go with it.



   I think I need to review tutorials and practice different techniques for making earrings. I haven’t perfected the wire wrap process and I have ideas other than just sliding beads onto a head pin. So stay tuned, you never know what I might create!


No comments: