Monday, July 15, 2013

Part 2: For what reason am I building an inventory?


   Like many a crafter before me, I have contemplated the idea of taking my hobby to the next level – selling.
   On Sunday I shared with you my interest in fairs and festivals. Today I will share some other ideas I’ve had and some great resources I found online.
   The first online site for selling handmade jewelry that is likely to come to mind is Etsy. It is a wonderful site and from what I understand it is very easy to set up a shop. After just a few visits to Etsy shops selling handmade jewelry I wasn’t so sure I was at the level of selling and promoting on there just yet. There are many more sites for selling handmade jewelry online. A list of 10 great websites for selling handmade jewelry can be found here.
   I get overwhelmed when I research selling online. In addition to taking a great photo of the jewelry to post online I would need to be able to come up with a good description of the piece of jewelry and have a plan for packaging and shipping as well.
  Another good website I’m hanging onto is one about handmade jewelry marketing tipsAt this site I found some “out-of-the-box” ideas for selling jewelry, like in hair salons and small boutiques.
   In the meantime I will continue to create.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with these two pieces!
Jules

Unknown said...

Thanks much!

Unknown said...

Ohh T! I love that second piece! Your talent never ceases to amaze me - of all the things we did together as kids, this wasn't one of them :)