Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Birthday Jules!


   I think it’s about time to tell you more about my one-person sounding board Jules. Today is the best day to do it because it’s her BIRTHDAY!
   She’s a pal, a mother, a sister and aunt and quite a successful do-it-yourselfer, and thank goodness she likes to text as much as I do. Ever since the weekend we had a yard sale and I sold my handmade earrings she has been a great supporter and cheerleader for my jewelry endeavors. I have texted her many, many, many photos of the jewelry pieces I make. She gives me honest opinions (I hope) and has even guided me through with ideas when my creativity seems to be taking a nap. She’ll stop by my “Creative Cave,” also known as the garage, and visit, look through jewelry and offer support and ideas.
   On one of our shopping trips she picked out a button she really liked and requested a wire-wrapped cuff bracelet. So, for her birthday, she got what she asked for.


   Giving pieces of handmade jewelry to friends is a great way to get the word out. Jules and her sister each have some of my pieces and they keep telling me “You need business cards for us to give folks when they comment on the jewelry.” Yes, that’s a good idea, but I don’t even have a name for my jewelry endeavor, don’t I need that first? Or should I just do business cards right now with my name, blog info and contact info? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
   Don't forget to "Like" Apt to Craft on Facebook or visit Pinterest!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much to my great friend and confidant! Love you! I really love my birthday button bracelet!
"Jules"