Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Grab a bead and wrap it in wire


   Back to the wire work – this time pendants and earrings. I have quite a few large glass beads and wire, so why not give it a try?
   I have a variety of sizes and colors of wire. I began trying all sorts of wrapped beads. From what I’ve discovered, the first thing to do is to secure the bead to the wire. For me that is getting the wire into the hole of the bead. Sometimes this isn’t easy because of the various sizes of beads and wire. If the wire makes it through the reamed hole in the bead I have found it makes it easier for wrapped creations. The only wire-wrapped bead creations I have worked with so far include wrapping a nest around the perimeter of the bead or actually wrapping wire around the bead. The size of the bead tends to determine which one I make. And some turn out better than others.


   I’ve seen some very beautiful wire-wrapped jewelry online. Maybe one of these days I will will be more creative.



4 comments:

Joyce said...

Don't sell yourself short Teresa!! Your creations are beautiful just like you!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

I think your stuff is prettier than most I've seen! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Many thanks!