Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's a wired world!


   I know I should try to hone my skills in necklace making, but I decided to go back to wire bracelets.
   I’ve enjoyed making the wire-wrapped cuff bracelets and was wondering if there were any variations I could make.


I had some vague ideas of what I wanted to try. It took me a little while to get something going.


   Some of them have turned out pretty abstract. But I think I might be on to something.


   I am hoping my wire working skills can improve if I get a WigJig or a Thing-A-Ma Jig. These jigs are boards with peg holes and pegs that you can wrap any gauge of wire around.
   I’m still researching jigs, there are different kinds and sizes and I have not settled on one yet. I am thinking one of these tools might help save my hand and wrist muscles from the wire work.


No comments: