Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Fan"fare! Accessories to show team and school spirit

   On Tuesday I wrote about the fun in making holiday jewelry. Today I will share options in making fan jewelry.

   Take the colors of your favorite sports team or school and see what happens. Since I enjoy making the wire-wrapped cuff bracelets I made those as a starting point. I then made some bead drop earrings and wire-wrapped pendants. There are many styles and colors of wire you can experiment with to help coordinate the pieces with your favorite team or school colors.


   You can use everything from wire to beads to micro-suede strips. The pendants can be worn on any kind of string or chain.


   Many sports-themed charms can be found at various craft stores. You can find paw prints, megaphones and footballs, to name a few. I also like to use various shades of a color to change up the fan jewelry a little.

No comments: